Not to be confused with Corona MountainCorona is Emile's Typhlosion in his Let's Play of Pokémon Colosseum. He was the second Pokémon to join Emile's team.
Pokémon Colosseum Edit
Corona was caught as a Quilava.
He was named Corona by GodlyLuigi in episode 16.
Corona evolved from a Quilava into a Typholsion.
- Fire Blast
- Brick Break
- Flame Wheel
- Corona was the only Pokémon on his team that needed to evolve, except for Affection, who did not yet have an evolution in Pokémon Colosseum.
- Quilava was selected because Chugga had already used a Croconaw, and he didn't think much of Bayleef as well as not wanting half of his team being weak to Bug.
- He almost always says "M-m-my Corona" every time when Corona comes out. This is a reference to the song "My Sharona" by The Knack.
- Near the end of the Let's Play, he even said "B-b-bye Corona" when Corona fainted.
- In the battle against Nascour, Corona was extremely helpful, but against Evice, he fainted before he could do anything, leaving Emile unable to reliably beat Scizor later on.
- Corona is the second Johto starter Pokémon he's used. This makes Johto the region with the record for the most starter Pokémon used.
- Corona is Chugga's second Pokémon that has both Fire Blast and Flame Wheel, the first being RK9.
- Emile sometimes forgets he ever used Corona.
- He once named 35 out of his 36 teammates, but could not remember Corona.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "So, the other day in conversation about videos, I recited my FireRed, Crystal, Emerald, XD, and Platinum teams from memory." "Why not Colosseum? I got five of them, but I'm ashamed that I forgot Corona existed." - Chuggaaconroy in this Tweet and this one.