Gyarados is Emile's un-nicknamed Shiny Gyarados in his Let's Play of Pokémon Crystal.
Pokémon Crystal Edit
Emile scrapped the recording of his first unsuccessful battle against the Level 30 Shiny Gyarados in the Lake of Rage, during which all of his Balls failed. In his second one, he sent out Odairu against it, using repeated Ice Punch attacks in a failed attempt to freeze it and make it easier to catch. The male Gyarados' Thrash attack quickly diminished Odairu's HP, and a Dragon Rage attack managed through the subsequent confusion finished the Croconaw off. Vui came out next, using two Headbutt attacks to weaken it before Emile threw a Great Ball. The single Ball caught the Gyarados, to Emile's deadpan exasperation, and he was transferred to the PC Box after Emile declined giving him a nickname.
Gyarados remained there for the rest of the LP, never seen or mentioned again.
- Thrash (Part 26 - Finale)
- Bite (Part 26 - Finale)
- Dragon Rage (Part 26 - Finale)
- Leer (Part 26 - Finale)
- The Red Gyarados is Emile's second shiny Pokémon seen in a Let's Play, after Methane.
- Coincidentally, they were both caught in Pokémon Crystal.
- The big difference between them is the Gyarados is scripted Shiny; Methane was a 1/8192 chance.